Thursday, January 18, 2018

D78: SKUNK for the win

AP CSA
Work continued on projects... I think it seems to be a good exercise on logic but I am not sure how advanced we are getting.  I would love to think of projects that require more advanced techniques.   Recursion I think we can do using fractals which will be fun.

AP CSP
We worked on the explore - students have 2 more days in class to get this done and I am a bit concerned they won't make it in time.  Fingers crossed!

Concepts
I introduced probability more in depth today through NCTM's SKUNK activity.  Students needed to play at least 3 rounds of the game to be able to start thinking about strategy - 4 or 5 maybe even better. 

It was a great way to introduce chance/choice and start thinking about how frequently they should expect different outcomes.

One Good Thing
I had my HS students go to our MS to talk about computer science.  I am hoping this is helpful for students and entices more students to try out CS.

No comments:

Post a Comment