Tuesday, January 9, 2018

D71-72: FRQs and ColorSleuth

AP CSA

I had students do 4 FRQs using arrayLists.  Here's the things I would do differently:

  • I printed out student solutions, but didn't use them.  This late in the game, students can do it themselves.  I think next time I would do some of these at the beginning of the unit to give students an idea of how they would use this in an AP context - solutions can be a nice sense-making crutch.
  • Smaller groups.  I had students working in groups of 5 - that was too big.  I need to do pairs or groups of 2.
Overall, some of the problems were a little beyond what students were comfortable with - I think it pushed them to the "stretch" zone which was a good thing. 

AP CSP
We are getting toward the end of unit.  I did the ColorSleuth App "code-along-style" -  I just love that style of teaching.  I need to find more tasks that are like this.

Concepts
Started properties of exponents - not the most thrilling unit, but sanity-maintaining. 

One Good Thing
I am SO ahead in CSP... I'm excited for what doors this opens for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment