Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Day 25: Back to it!

I am trying to make good on my promise to blog each day again.  I am going to start fresh with today.

AP CSA

Today we did a brief code along for two labs.  I made videos for students to go back and follow along, but I think I should track how many students actually do that. I wonder if it is worth the time.

There is still some confusion around why you would want a class when you can write some simple code into the main method.  Next year (or maybe even this year) I think I want to do the "Mr. Potato Head" exercise with them to act out what is going on when you make a class.

Tomorrow is the last day for re-takes.  I am seeing the importance of having a quick turn around time on re-takes for sure!

AP CSP

Today we got kicked out of the forum and got put in the auditorium. Thankfully we had a rapid research project which made it easy to do get work done in the auditorium.  I am thinking that tomorrow, we will read about ways that storing data has been problematic in the past and then on Thursday do a "encoding an experience" task.  Thus T-ing up Monday for notebooks and then a test on Tuesday/Wednesday before MEA.

Concepts

We did a desmos task with seeing when a professional football player would catch up to a sports caster.  It went well overall.  This will be our last few days with systems of equations - thank goodness!


One Good Thing

In my CSP class there was a piano in the auditorium, so when students finished early a few of them played the piano - it was really neat to see their skills on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment