Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Day 59 - Multi screen app

AP CSP
Students spent their second day working on their multiscreen app.  They had about 30 minutes to work yesterday and then all day today.  15% of students are done today, but most said they could finish by the end of the hour tomorrow so I will give them one more day to work on it.

We did a "Stand up status meeting" today which went well, especially in my 1st hour which is pretty quiet.  It immediately triggered conversation and allowed people to feel comfortable talking to one another.  This is something I want to continue doing for sure.

Geometry
Students did a homework check.  Before we did that I gave them a worksheet that had them identify why two triangles were congruent and what the correct congruence statement is.  That was helpful but probably a day late.

AP CSA
We did a review day since we have been doing a lot of writing of code and we are doing a little quiz tomorrow.   I gave students the option to do some practice it material.  I told them that they HAD to do the review or practice it - they couldn't use the time to do other work, but I wouldn't correct either of them.  I think if I were to correct Practice It they would have looked up answers rather than think through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment