Friday, March 23, 2018

D109: FRQ and Ethics

Deja Vu today.

AP CSA
After noticing that students were doing really well in groups, I had them try an FRQ by themselves in 22.5 minutes.  Silent work time. 

Some students finished early and then were on their phones.  I wish I would have had a separate worksheet or activity for them to do when they were done.

But for the most part, it went pretty well.  Students seem to be getting hang of the FRQ style of things.

AP CSP
I did day 2 of ethics study.  I am going to write up a larger blog about this elsewhere.  Then we went over their test.

I think I freaked out some students about the multiple choice test.  It was hard, but honestly, probably harder than what they will see on the AP test. 

Concepts
We finished working on the trig packet.  We are going to do to trashketball on Monday, followed by a quiz, followed by 2 days of ACT practice.  I think this is the first time I have planned out the class for a full week.

One Good Thing
I was at a meeting with a student the other day who has a great amount of social sway over one of my classes.  I told him that with great power comes great responsibility.  Today he was the "model" responsible student and kept everyone on task.  It was wonderful

No comments:

Post a Comment