Wednesday, November 8, 2017

D40 and D41: Introduction to Design a Digital Scene

AP CSA

Had two lab days.  I have made it my point to sit literally next to anyone who is struggling during this time.  Today a student who had CSP said we needed more creative outlets in CSA - and I agree with him.  I got some good news today that next semester may give me more time to plan out those creative outlets for CSA, which would be awesome. 

AP CSP

We had a guest speaker on day 40.  They did an "agile" activity which was great for students - the presentation itself was a little too low for students, but the activities were for sure a win. Today I introduced the Design a Digital Scene task. I'm a little nervous that I won't get the diversity of ideas as I have in the past... we will see what the final outcome looks like.

Concepts

We are still working our way through quadratics.  I am feeling the monotony start to set in for students (and myself).  So, tomorrow we will be playing trashketball.

One Good Thing

I had a student tell me "you should give yourself props for teaching a class with 40 students in it".  Yes, yes I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment