Thursday, October 26, 2017

D33-34: Back to programming

CSA

I was warned about this from my Eagan colleague.  When students fall behind, it is TOUGH to get caught up.  I am starting to see that now.

Next year I need to think about how I can get those students on the right train.  I think I might need to "spiral" back to objects here for some students since I know that is where I lost some.


CSP

Students started programming today on day 33.  My goal is to be fiercely on top of students to make sure they do not fall behind.  My goal is to call all families on Monday if their students are not done with the material over the weekend.

Right now I have 2 students (that I know of) who are pretty ahead of the group.  I am asking them to stick through this unit on the basics and then perhaps differentiate from there.


Concepts

I started today out with 5 minutes of quiet independent work time - then we moved to the boards.


One Good Thing

I asked a student what the difference between CSA and a different math class was.  They said that CSA was more about problem solving than other math classes which are a bit more about process.  I am trying to narrow down how I sell this class to students.

No comments:

Post a Comment