Monday, February 5, 2018

D87: Going for Goldielocks

APCSA
I missed the Goldielocks space today in CSA.  Interfaces, and more broadly, understanding classes still eludes my 2nd hour.  They are confused and not making progress.  My 3rd hour, finished the labs early and were goofing around by the end of the hour.   I think this is because I gave too much support to my 3rd hour and not enough to my 2nd hour.

SO... tomorrow, I am going to take it slow with my second hour.  We need to clear up some of this confusion before we move forward.

My third hour I think I am going to move ahead with UML diagrams.  This will let me test something out on them first so my 2nd hour is always my "testing" hour.

APCSP
We did an around the world activity with code.  I LOVE around the world activites - students get in a lot of practice AND they get to move AND they self-check their work.  It went well.

Concepts
Made the fatal error of not giving them enough to do today.

One Good Thing
I love it when students monitor each other.  I'm not going to put too much detail into what happened, but I heard about it after the fact and I think it worked.  I have a chronic "bathroom" issue in one of my classes that another student may have just resolved (or eased temporarily). 

No comments:

Post a Comment